Friday 21 October 2011

Did You Know You Can Buy a Solar Sauna?


!±8± Did You Know You Can Buy a Solar Sauna?

I don't know about you but I think saunas are just a great invention. Whether it was the Romans or the Greeks or the Finns, whoever came up with this idea - we all need to thank them. After a hard day at work I love being able to sit in my sauna for about 30 minutes and just let my body slowly relax as I put the stress of the day behind me.

My sauna is outside since I live in Florida and I had to install it after buying my home which simply just didn't have any room to put one inside. By the way, if you happen to live in Florida, a solar sauna is definitely a good option for you to consider. While researching my options I came across solar saunas which I had never heard of before.

Not only can solar panels be used to heat your home they can also provide a source of heat for your sauna as well. Technological advances in the last few years have made solar energy a much more efficient source of energy as we know and has the added benefit of being safe and environmentally friendly.

A few hints on installation

This might not be a DIY job but if you want to give it a try here are a few things to remember. First, you should angle the solar panels so they face or tilt at about a 15 degree angle of latitude and they should be plumbed in parallel. You will also need to install a heating element that the solar heated water is circulated through - the source of heat for your sauna. The best way to install this is to use a baseboard heating element around the sauna - ideally at floor level. You will also be using a small pump, probably about 1/35 HP, to circulate the hot water. If you insulate your sauna appropriately and use efficient panels your water temperature should reach about 160 to 180 degrees - plenty hot.

Solar sauna benefits

With a solar sauna you will be able to get all the same great health benefits that you do with a standard sauna. Increased cardiovascular performance as your heart rate increases 50% - 75% while you are in the sauna that also helps to increase metabolism which helps to burn calories. You will also be helping your body to relax tired achy muscles and rid itself of toxins, open pores and help to clean dirt and grime from your skin - especially on your face. But with a solar sauna not only do you get all the traditional benefits, but you also help to reduce pollution by using a clean source of energy and may help to reduce your energy costs.


Did You Know You Can Buy a Solar Sauna?

Promotional Msr Miniworks Filter Swiss Gear Wenger Backpack Discount




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。







Sponsor Links